Service Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of the website www.generatorsonlineltd.co.uk
- By ordering from our website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions are designed to ensure fair, safe and secure trade between Generators On Line Limited and its customers.
- In this document, any use of the terms ‘we’ ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Generators On Line Limited. Any use of the terms ‘you’ or ‘customer’ refers to those at any stage of the purchase cycle with Generators On Line Limited.
- All delivery dates are subject to manufacturer availability. Given the nature of our products, there may sometimes be a lead time on generator sets. If we do not have your desired machine in stock, our team will contact you once full payment has been received to update you on the delivery date of the product.
- Should there be any issue with your delivery date, our team can recommend a range of like for like alternatives to ensure your timeline is met. In this condition, any variations in price will be addressed on a case by case basis and the customer will be liable to pay the relevant price for the relevant alternative machine. Equally, Generators OnLine will refund any difference if a less expensive machine is provided.
- All listed prices are exclusive of 20% VAT. This standard charge will be applied to the basket at check out.
- Price matching is available on like for like products. This facility is available when a customer is able to provide an official letter head quotation from another generator supplier for said goods. Generators OnLine reserves the right to refuse access to the price matching facility on a case by case basis.
- Pricing of all additional services (post machine supply) are budgetary. It is strongly advised that a customer purchases a site survey if they hold any concern about the suitability of our standard services to their site.
- Should the customer choose not to purchase a site survey before Generators OnLine conducts it’s works, if the work falls outside of the obliged scope of requirements as stipulated below, the customer will be liable to pay the quoted value for additional works before installation (and associated works) can re-commence.
Scope of Requirements
- Cabling: 15 metres of suitably sized and rated cable per phase to be supplied.
- Delivery, Offload and Positioning: If delivery, offload and positioning is required, please be notified that unless advertised otherwise, this service is not included within our standard scope of requirement and consequentially needs to be quoted separately following Generators OnLine receiving a generator order. Until payment has been cleared for a delivery (and or) offload and positioning, the generator will remain Generator OnLine’s property and therefore remain at our site.
- Without a customer having had a site survey, delivery, offload and positioning will only be conducted if the customer has prior to works, provided accurate explanation of distances machine to be moved and there is no unforeseen obstacles that therefore require special planning or further equipment to overcome. In the event further specialist equipment or planning is required, the generator will remain the property of Generators OnLine until a quotation has been produced and full payment received. This means we reserve the right to remove the machine from site until all fees have been paid in full.
- Machine Noise Attenuation: All products sold emit noise at listed dbA as communicated in the technical data sheet for the relevant product. This can be found on the downloads tab of a product’s listing. Generators OnLine has no scope of works to install further noise attenuation equipment unless requirements are dealt with as a separate enquiry to the standard scope of requirements.
- Exhaust System Outlets: All standard scope services assume the sole exhaust outlet required is that which is manufactured with the machine. Generators OnLine has no scope of works to install further exhaust fume outlets unless requirements are dealt with as a separate enquiry to the standard scope of requirements. This means the onus is on the customer to confirm these fumes are being emitted into a suitable environment.
- Automatic Transfer Switches – Standard scope assumes switch only has to activate generator on a site that’s only other power supply is the mains. If the site has additional power supplies (solar panels, CHP units, battery storage, wind power etc) then the installation and commission of an ATS Panel must be dealt with as a separate enquiry.
- Generator Canopies – All of our generators will be supplied in a standard generator canopy. We are happy to facilitate requests for open set orders, but this must be enquired about directly with our sales team.
- All products purchased from Generators OnLine are covered under the relevant manufacturer’s warranty.
- Refer to the owner’s manual to confirm the warranty period of your machine.
- Generator must be serviced and load bank tested by Generators OnLine every 500 hours run or the manufacturers warranty will expire regardless of the warranty period.
- The customer is responsible for requesting a service visit if not added as an extra at point of purchase.
- Service visits and load bank testing will be charged before attendance.
- All parts and labour Generators OnLine require for warranty works are chargeable to the manufacturer.
- Proof of Purchase is required from the customer to launch a warranty claim.
- Online Payment: Up to £5,000 can be paid via our website using our nominated online payment gateway; Stripe. Proceed to check out.
- BACS Transfer: Payments will be accepted following a quotation and pro-forma invoice. Account details can be found on the invoice document.
Generators OnLine Cancellation
- Generators OnLine reserves the right to cancel any order before dispatch. In this scenario a customer will be contacted directly by a member of our team on the contact number/email provided to discuss whether the course of action will be a full refund or alternate product/service offering.
- No compensation is guaranteed to cater for the disappointment felt by the customer in the event of a cancellation.
- If an item is paid for via online payment portal, Stripe, and the customer requires a refund/return of goods, at Generators OnLine’s discretion, a refund may be granted. This value will be less a) the cost of Stripe’s transaction fee and b) an administrative charge of £35.
Copyright and Intellectual Property of Images
- All text, logo’s, graphics and content on this website is the copyright and intellectual property of Generators OnLine Limited. All content received from manufacturers/suppliers has been authorized for use on this website.
- Downloadable content on this site is provided to allow customers as much information before purchasing goods and services with us. Use of this content outside of this purpose is strictly forbidden.
- Generators OnLine will accept no responsibility or agree to any price deductions for any inaccuracies, omissions or errors that may occur when trading with a customer.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury cause by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1997); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on this website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you hold responsibility for the costs of doing so.
- You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
- All customers reserve all Statutory Rights in addition to the above Terms and Conditions.